Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Welcome To My Blog


Hello & welcome. I never thought in a million years that I would start a blog, but here I am! I know nothing about creating one, so please bear with me. I've certainly done my share of reading & lurking some fabulous ones on the web. Hopefully I've learned 'something' from that!


The above photo is of my 1st attempt at growing morning glories. I've always loved them & this was the year I was determined to give them a try. They've created such a lovely privacy screen for our back porch. We get alot of morning sun & sometimes sitting out there is blinding! This was the perfect solution. I didn't thin them (as per instructed on the pkg.), & they sure took off like crazy. I think I'll probably follow the directions next year! Ha.


** Note: I'm not sure why it posted the pic at the top of the page? It doesn't seem to let me put it anywhere else? Any suggestions? (Thanks.)

The yellow tray in my header ~ I collect those. I have 2 yellows & one white. Also have a very beautiful black one that is larger. It's actually a TV tray, but I like to hang just the tray on the wall. They look so nice grouped together.


Well, thanks for stopping by. I'm going to plug along here & try to figure this whole blogging world from the 'other side!'


Have a great day ~




4 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging Mardell! I am so happy you started one! It looks like you're off to a great start! Your morning glories are very pretty! Thanks for sharing. I also really love the garden sticks! What a creative idea!

    As far as the pictures go on your posts, what I do is load them all and then I write my story after that. I just type in between the pictures. If you want to move a picture you have to go to the edit HTML tab at the top of the area where you type and you can cut and paste the pictures. You should mess around and load a picture and then go look at it in HTML so you know what they look like. On mine there is a less than symbol and an a at the beginning of the picture and a more than symbol and an a at the end so I know what to highlight and move around. I hope this makes sense and helps!

    Thank you so much for always visiting my blog and writing such nice comments! You are so sweet and it will be fun to follow your life!

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mardell....I love your blog. You are doing such a wonderful job and have so many nice things offered on here. I will come back to browse around often. Good luck to you sweet friend. Blessings & Love ~~ Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mardell! I'm so excited that you have started a blog! YAy! I've only read one post so far and I love it. I'm going to catch up after work today! HUGS, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you Mardell. A very big 1st step in starting that business I'm always after you about. The things I would have been interested in buying were already sold. I especially was looking at the Ideals books. You know what a sucker I am for those. YOur blog is now on my tool bar---you have made in the big times when you're one of the tool bars at the top of my web page! LOL!

    Take very good care my friend.---Congrats!

    ReplyDelete