Thursday, August 27, 2009

Before Meets After

Who doesn't love seeing before & after pictures? I know I do. Here are some of the things I will be working on this weekend. If you have any suggestions, feel free to share! I have a few ideas lurking around in my head, however, it's always nice to get feedback from others. Brainstorming is a good thing.

The little tiny square drawers (5"x5") are going to be painted & I'm going to probably put some really cute scrapbook paper in the back. Then I will drill a hole in the center so they can hang on the wall for little knick-knacks. The "flour scoop" sconces are 80's Home Interiors. I was thinking I'll paint them black. I have the glass votives that go with them. Then add some Autumn foliage or picks. They look so great at night! I used to burn candles in them all the time. They're still in great shape. I think they're in need of sprucing up.

The inside is perfect for adding seasonal picks. It's just deep enough to hold them without falling out. (That's William's little arm holding it up for me.) When I first looked at the picture I thought, "gee my thumb looks awfully fat!" Ha ha . I'd forgotten that he was helping me.

Aren't these playing cards just the cutest? "ANIMAL RUMMY." They've been carefully preserved in the original plastic case. No cards are missing. On the back of the title card are the directions. Either they'd be fun to play with or to use for some cute project. It's all up to you. And I just love their names! Don't forget to click on the picture to enlarge it. WHICH ONE BEST DESCRIBES YOU? I think I'm "Loopy Lion." Look at his tongue hanging out!

And finally, you'll never guess what I have up my sleeve for this beauty. You won't recognize it when I'm done ~ trust me. This is the most exciting project I'm envisioning so far. Stick around for the BIG reveal. (This photo courtesy of William.)

7 comments:

  1. Mardell, can't wait to see what you have for sale next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you do with this object... what is it? How big are the little drawers? you could turn them into cute prim welcome lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you started a blog!! You go girl!! I'll bookmark and check back often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to think I'm "Frisky Fox"...but probably more Aunty Alligator with all the nieces and great-nieces.

    Looking forward to seeing the results of all your projects - especially the "top secret" one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see what you do with those items, Mardell. You have the neatest ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, did you get anything done over the weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking I'm probably the Entertaining Elephant or the Merry Monkey~~ can't figure out which one !!!

    ReplyDelete