Monday, August 31, 2009

Here a Book, There a Book, Everywhere a Cookbook

Hello everyone,
I hope you had a great weekend! I wish I could have spent it rummaging through garage sales, but I wasn't able. If you like to cook & bake, then please take a peek at the great cookbooks I'm listing today.

These little cookbooks are SO great! I have tons of them (for all seasons.) They're tried & true recipes that were submitted by the readers of this magazine. They date back from the late 70's throughout the mid 80's. I've copied quite a few of the recipes in these books. They are truly wonderful. There are approximately 100 recipes per magazine. They're the size of a Reader's Digest, only thinner.

Christmas ~ TEN CHRISTMAS BOOKS SOLD (Thank you Linda B.)

More Christmas ~

Cooking With Grandmother ~ quite the collection of OLD recipes! THESE SIX BOOKS SOLD (Thank you Linda B.)

Summer ~

Easter ~

Fall ~

A collection of this & that... EGG BOOK SOLD (Thank you Pat W.) HOME JOURNAL'S HOMEMADE COOKIES SOLD (Thank you Tamara.)

Vintage ~

More Vintage ~ the "Home Canning" one has been used quite a bit. A testiment to great recipes. OLD TIMEY RECIPES & HOME CANNING SOLD (Thank you Amy.)

"All About Home Baking" (Plaid book in above picture.) This dates back to 1941.

This Watkins Cookbook is from 1938. This is a beauty! Loads of handwritten recipes included & newspaper clipped recipes tucked inside.

A peek at the inside ~

More this & that ~

Inside front cover: "We are excited to bring you this treasured first edition of Betty Crocker's Cook Book. The recipes are exactly as they appear in the original cookbook to reflect the heritage of American cooking. Eating habits may have changed since 1950, but the fond memories of sharing delicious recipes from this cookbook remain the same."


Thanks for looking & have a fabulous week! Oh, & please take time to smell the flowers ~ they're so beautiful this time of year.

5 comments:

  1. Mardell! they are fabulous...I have some of the same ones you have pictured. A friend of mine's Mom died back in the mid-90s and she collected cookbooks..my girlfriend kept a couple of her cookbooks for herself and gave me the rest! I LOVE the old cookbooks the best of all...I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved looking a all of these. Some looked familiar (especially the holiday ones) to me as I have some pretty dated mags. Some from my mom.

    **Love checking in often to find the new items. It's like shopping everyday and the THRILL OF THE HUNT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh be still my heart! Vintage cookbooks are such a weakness for me! You have a great collection here Mardell! Hey, you never answered my question below....how much do you want for the vintage baby ball? I think it's so cute! Just let me know!

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon ~ oops, I didn't see your question about the ball. Sorry! It is cute, isn't it? There's a dog on the other side.

    You know, I just went to go get it & I CANNOT find it!? Oh my...this is going to bug me now! LOL I was going to ask $3 for it + shipping. It's gotta be here somewhere. Mercy!

    Thanks & please let me know if you're still interested. You can email me if you'd like: mlamb9 at yahoo.com

    PS: It'll look so cute in your guest room along w/all your vintage children's books. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'd like to buy it if you find it that is!!! Also, if the shipping isn't too bad. I have a collection of vintage baby items and the ball would go perfect with it! I'll email you too!

    Have a great day!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete