Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Vintage Sewing Machine Cover

I found this little treasure at a garage sale this summer. I love the color! I wasn't sure what it was, but I knew I liked it, so I bought it.



My good friend, Jenny, told me it was a sewing machine cover. I'd never heard of that particular brand. Originally it wasn't painted. It looks to be made of oak.



It measures 18" long x 10" wide & is approx. 10" deep. Wouldn't it make a great container to stash your favorite magazines?



I thought about keeping it, but I really have too much 'stuff' & no place to put it. Right now it's taken up residency in my back room.



I hope you're having a great day so far! Enjoy the little things that make you smile. (Or big things!)

1 comment:

  1. I love that old top. I want to acquire some drawers from the old sewing tables ... problem, where to hide them from hubby!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete