I've been hoarding some vintage Christmas items & here are a few. I have more, so stay tuned. I'm a huge fan of old wrapping paper (from any era.) And also of yester-years greeting cards. When I come across them I have a hard time resisting.
This book was published in 1950, "Night Before Christmas." It's really cute and I especially love that Santa's suit is flocked. There are also stockings, slippers, & a little doggy jacket inside that are like that also. I think that makes this book very unique. The oversized Hallmark card, "The Two Little Angels" is an Advent calendar. It's not dated, but I'm guessing the 50's? NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS SOLD (Thank you Jenny.)

Here is a little snippet of an inside page of the book:

Here is what the inside of the card looks like. (I was holding down one of the flaps with my thumb.)

Extremely old Santa wrapping paper. Very large piece (we're talking about 4'x4'!) I don't think I can part with this, but I just had to show you. I adore this so much! I have no clue what I'll do with it. It would be a shame to cut it up for craft projects. What do you think? I've thought about getting it color copied & THEN I could cut the images out for doing artsy stuff.

Thanks for looking! Have a great day doing what you love.

Mardell, I would be interested in the Night Before Christmas book!
ReplyDeleteThis are all great finds, Mardell. I would find it hard to part with any of it also!
ReplyDelete