Here is a small Susan Branch book and a very old pair of children's gloves. The tag inside says, "Hand Knitted in Switzerland." I imagine they were very special to a little girl once upon a time.

A couple of Mary Engelbreit books (also small), dated 1996. I bought these from AVON that many years ago. Cute crafts & recipes. Also an assortment of time treasured baby cards. None are written on. Great for scrapbooking or card making.

If you enjoy US history, these books are for you. The top one, "The Story of American History" is dated 1900. It's full of very interesting reading & many drawings. It's in wonderful condition considering it's age. Another one is entitled "Leading Facts of American History", dated 1890. The two smaller red books are entitled "The Pocket University" (1925.) The first one is the autobiographys of Great Americans: George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton & Abraham Lincoln. The second book is a handful of writings by Nathaniel Hawthorn.

This book is called "The House That Jill Built" (1899), and it's a very interesting book of how the woman (Jill) had her house built the way SHE wanted it. Probably something that didn't happen very often back in those times. Lots of drawings & house plans throughout. Pretty neat.

Here's a cute serving dish ~ perhaps from the 1950's? I love the veggie lid. It measures 9-1/2" across.

Made in Japan & "oven proof." There is a very small chip on the bottom (you can see it better if you click on the pic.)

And here is the side view. I had this thing so packed away it took me a month to find it! I knew it was somewhere...ha ha.

I hope you all have a wonderful, fulfilling weekend. We're going to try to keep warm. We haven't turned the heat on YET. Again, my many thanks to all of my lovely, faithful friends in blogland. You're the best!

No comments:
Post a Comment