Friday, September 25, 2009

Hello everyone. Where has the week gone? It's hard to believe the weekend is upon us. It's quite chilly here in NY this morning. I love it! The leaves are rapidly turning colors. There's a big festival this weekend called "The Apple-Umpkin Festival." It brings crowds from 100's of miles away. It's about a 5 min. drive for me. I probably won't go because of my crowd phobia. It's located in the village of Wyoming which has original gas lights lining the streets. They still work, too. Very historic.

I just love these little girl prints. I had the originals photo copied at our local printer. I had them downsized abit. I'm not sure what I'd like to do with them. Ideas welcome. Or, if you'd like them just as they are, that's ok too! :o) They measure 6-1/2" x 8" (does not include the border.) Wouldn't they be darling in a little girl's room? The frames could be painted a soft buttercup or a pastel pink.

And this lovely AVON plate from 1982 comes with it's original box. I don't believe it's ever been used considering it's excellent condition.

I've been busy painting some things these past few days. Boy, it's no fun waiting for paint to dry! LOL I need to make a trip to the hardware store for the last minute touches & I'll be ready to share them with you. Hopefully some time this weekend.

Have a wonderFALL day!

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your painting projects Mardell!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you've done! Thanks for dropping by my blog. I also wanted to comment on the post below- I LOVE old pictures- they are always so interesting. This one shown was amazing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little girls remind me of the Quilted Northern pictures (tp). So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mardell...those are so cute! Can't wait to see what you have been painting. Be careful that your little "socko" doesn't come tiptoeing in the paint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mardell! Yep, fall is definitely in the air! It poured here today! I love those sweet little girls and the plate is really cool too!

    Have a great night!

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete