Aren't these pair so darling? I believe they are porcelain? I painstaking cleaned them for literally hours with a soft toothbrush to get the grime off. Someone probably had them in their kitchen? Or had them for a long time. There is not a chip or a crack anywhere. They obviously have been very loved. They are from an estate sale. Don't forget to click on the picture to get a larger view. Isn't it funny that the people in the picture have the same FACE as the Mr. & Mrs? I'm still cracking (cackling) up over that.

Here is a closer look of Mr. & Mrs.

And the bottom ~ they are numbered the same. It looks as though a sticker has been removed, so I am unsure of the maker. (SOLD ~ thank you Sharon!)

Fall is in the air here in NY! Cool mornings of 45° is wonderful. The leaves are gently falling and the smell of burning wood is in the air. Until next time ~ take care, & don't forget to do the things that make you HAPPY.
xoxoxo

So cute, Mardell! I bet these will get snapped up quickly! Or would that be "pecked" up quickly! Can't wait to see what you're working on.
ReplyDeleteThey are adorable but I am not one of those who collect roosters..
ReplyDeleteNow that's a good looking couple! And if I didn't already have roosters and hens lurking around every crack, crevice, corner and shelf in my house, they would be VERY tempting. But I WILL NOT be tempted by these two. Nope, I won't! Wellll...maybe....NO! I won't!
ReplyDeleteI have been checking in everyday and was so glad to see something new! Can't wait for more. Mr. and Mrs. are quite an item! CACKLE CACKLE!
ReplyDeleteOkay Mardell.....I would love to buy these guys if the price is right! I'll email you. I also wanted that vintage baby ball, but somehow the communication fell through on that one. I hope you still have the baby ball. I hope you're having a great Autumn!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Sharon