Monday, November 9, 2009

Whoa, Where Have I Been?

Hello everyone! I sure have missed you. I've been busy enjoying this wonderful fall weather we've been having here in WNY. Here's my son, William, enjoying the leaves & his "motorcycle." Love that expression on his face. Ha.

And here is "Socko" also enjoying himself. He's the one who got his head stuck in that hole. Oy.

Do you give a hoot? Well, I do. I made one card & then ran out of the brown craft paper craft cards. Bought another pack at Michael's (my 1st trip since Feb.) Came home with a pkg. of 20 with NO envelopes. I was so disappointed. That's what I get for trying to rush. No fear, I'm making more of these fun cards & they'll have envelopes. I was inspired by a cute owl from one of William's coloring pages he brought home from school. Also ~ his fat little body is made from original 70's wallpaper. I love that stuff! My aunt started collecting owls back in the 70's & her house was like a museum. We never ran out of ideas of what to get her for birthdays & holidays. She is another inspiration for this card.

Here's a lovely cup without a saucer. :o( However, I still think it's gorgeous & could hold a tea light or sit upon your dresser for little what-nots. It's marked "Spode's Tower Copeland England" on the bottom. The detail is stunning & I love that it's decorated on the inside as well. No chips or cracks.

Wire carry-all for glass milk bottles, vintage plaster of paris (?) ducks with a signature on the back & dated "June 12, 1949." A lovely set of maple leaf shaped rose plates. The largest measures 5-1/2" & the smallest is 4".

This cute little cherry cup & saucer caught my eye. There are little tiny holes in the top of the handle & on the plate. Perhaps for hanging? The cup is 2-1/4" tall & the saucer is 3-1/2".

Scrapbooks ready to be embellished! I made these lovlies a few years ago with great hopes that I'd fill them to the brim with great photos & memories. I have 4 available (& yes, I'm keeping one.) The covers are made with brown craft paper & the pages are a very good, heavy cardstock. The pages are acid free. The pages measure 5" x 5-7/8".

Lots of books for your viewing pleasure. Just in time for the holidays.

Oldie but goodie McCall's Needlework & Crafts magazines. Fall & Winter 1967-1968 & 1969-1970.

I love all the fun pictures & projects. If you love retro, you'll love these. :o)

Can you dig this outfit? She's styling & ready for Christmas! The look on her face is funny ~ "Oh no! I've forgotten my Christmas list!" (A side note: William has just exclaimed that she looks "DIVINE!") I didn't even know he knew that word. Oh my.

"And my little stuffed animal has on the cutest, matching mittens!" :o)


Thank you all for your continued support. You're all a blessing to me & I am very thankful for all of you. I've been hitting some "road blocks" in finishing up some crafty goodies. Hopefully soon. :o) Now that the holidays are fast approaching, things are going to become even more busy. Please take a moment to give your loved ones a squeeze & a hug and let them know how important they are to you...and how much you love them. As always, give your thanks to the Lord. Bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mardell - I'd love to buy the owl cards!!! They are SO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mardell---loving William and his motorcycle photo. He is just so precious. I love the owl card. I was into owls for quite some time. Loving William's comment of that gal who forgot her list! Keep up the great work/fun (I hope).

    ReplyDelete