(You can click on any picture to enlarge.)
I've been working on a few cards (sets of four.) These particular ones are blank inside. The sheet music is from a book that is 103 yrs. old!

And so are the laundry ones. They each come with coordinating envelopes. :o)

Do you need more vintage buttons? Here are a gazillion of them; mostly white.

Here is a very unique set of nesting luggage cases (for decorative purposes only.) I think they are adorable. Made of heavy cardboard.

Made in Spain.

Note the stitching.

Close up of clasp. The handles are plastic. There is very little wear on these. I'm not sure how old they are. The smallest box measures 8-1/4" x 5" & is 2-1/2" deep.

Thrifting hasn't been the greatest this summer for some reason. Garage sales are hit & miss. It's too bad, because I really enjoy getting out & finding treasures. Right now we're working on disassembling an old box spring from years gone by. I'll post pics of them if anyone is interested. Lots of coil springs too. Nice & rusty & delicious! (LOL) I'm trying to figure out a way to make Christmas ornaments out of the little coil springs.
Thanks for stopping by. I really need to be more attentive to my blogging! Bye for now.

Oh my gosh!!!! I love those suitcases, I can't beleive they are cardboard. What in the world are you going to do with all those buttons? lol I love your cards, too... Especially the birdie ones. *Sigh* I love birds... ;) Maybe you can stitch a few buttons on a set of cards? I think that'd be so cute!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you posted, I've missed visiting your blog!
You are so creative! I like the tray of buttons! The suitcases are super cute too!
ReplyDeleteMardell, I would love to the buy the notecards and the buttons if they are not already spoken for! The suitcases are really cool but I think shipping would be prohibitive on them!
ReplyDeleteThese are awesome Mardell! I just love how all the buttons look piled together....luscious! :)
ReplyDeleteDang it Jenny got the buttons first. Oh well!
ReplyDeleteEverything is so COOL, Mardell! But since I'm supposed to be downsizing and getting ready to move, I guess I don't need anything else! I do LOVE those clothes pins that are holding your cards on the line! I have a small package of those I've been wondering what to do with - I think instead of downsizing I'm going to paint some clothespins!!! ;)
ReplyDeleteI love the cards! How creative to use old music sheets! I would have never thought of that!
ReplyDeleteThe little suitcases are adorable!
I haven't even hit a good yard sale this year. :( But, I've found our local Goodwill has quite a bit of treasure to be found, just have to get there on the right day at the right time. :)
My fav is the clothespins! ok, everything else is super cute too! I want polka dot clothespins now. I just love the way you have the cards hanging on the line.
ReplyDeleteHi Mardell, love the suitcases, if I didn't already have some I would buy them. The buttons would have made a great wreath with a big satin bow. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I enjoy seeing your comments... :) you are a sweet woman.
ReplyDeleteHi Mardell! I've been wondering how you've been. Haven't talked to you in ages. Miss you sweet friend. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Mardell. Got any more buttons or cards to sell?
ReplyDeleteMardell? You need to sell some more stuff! How are you?
ReplyDeletecute cards. Of course love all those buttons, and the little suitcases are great!
ReplyDeleteblessings and thanks for visiting my place.
barbara jean