Thursday, April 15, 2010

This and That

Hello everyone. I've enjoyed visiting your blogs & have neglected to keep mine up! Everyone has been busy posting and I've truly enjoyed reading the wonderful blogs out there. I get so caught up I lose track of time. Does that ever happen to any of you? Please tell me I'm not alone. It's been so long since I've done a new post that I had to figure it out again. It's taken me alot longer than I thought. I've changed the header but I'm still trying to figure out how to do additional tweaking. I thought the picture was appropriate since my son calls me the "Crazy Cat Lady." He might have a point, I dunno! I display this vingnette on my dresser (when it's not sitting on the front porch bench.) :o)

Flower frogs ~ what do you do with them? Found these at an estate sale. Some seem to be old (I think one is made of copper) & there are a couple of plastic ones.

Silverware ~ I've had these for years and just happened upon them today. The 1st fork is dated 1847. I look at it in awe and imagine who used it and what they ate with it 163 years ago.

Now these next few pictures are ornaments that I found last summer. I can't sell them, but I was wondering if any of you out there know anything about them. I've googled them, checked on Ebay, everything. I'm not sure if they're from Germany, Poland, or wherever. They are very large (7" long) and very fragile. When I came across the box of them at a garage sale, the guy had them all tossed in a box. Many of them were already broken and I was able to grab these two. (Click on the pics to enlarge.)

Side view:

Front:

Pretty blue roses:

And a vintage tree skirt. The yellow is the backing material.

Close-up of the hand appliqued candycanes.



Thank you for stopping by and not giving up on me. I'm looking forward to garage sales starting soon. It seems like it's been a long winter. I hope to be out & about thrifing very soon. I hope you are all enjoying your spring so far.

5 comments:

  1. I love all of your treasures. This is the first time I've seen that kind of flower frogs - I guess I've seen the the var/jar toppers or the glass ones with holes in them.

    I love that silverware and those ornaments.

    I wish I could do some garage sales with you.

    Glad to see you posting again - I take long posting vacations too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray Mardell! You're back! Watcha got to sell?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely items!! I especially love the flatware- I don't really know what to do with the vintage frogs.... Go over to Mamie Janes' I see she uses some from time to time (as photo holder's, I think?)
    Those ornaments are in really good condition...
    Good to have ya back! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mardell! I'm glad you're back too! I'm glad that you were able to post on my new blog, I don't know what was wrong, but glad it's fixed! I love those frogs! They are really great to use in a vignette and use them to hold vintage postcards and/or photos. I LOVE that tree skirt!!! :0)

    Take care,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you found my blog! If you're still wanting to "tweak" your blog, I did a mini series last week with blog tips and tidbits. Lots of useful information.
    You found some good stuff! I hope you're able to start garage saleing soon!
    gail

    ReplyDelete